Home renovations differ from home extensions and new homes in that they do not always require council approval. As long as there are no structural changes to the property, or alterations to windows and doors, generally council permission is not required.
For instance in most cases bathroom and kitchen renovations are exempt development. It is however best to confirm with your local council if any work you are proposing needs approval. Home renovations are a great way to not only improve your house for general living, but also to add value to your property.
Ideas and concepts
– Compile photos of the style and products that appeal to you
– What are your specific requirements to meet your family’s needs
– What type of Kitchen/ Bathroom/ Flooring do you like.
The more information of what you like, the easier the design stage will be.
Information required for a comprehensive quotation
– Architectural construction plans. By a draftsman or Architect
– Site survey
– Engineers plans
– Detailed specification
– Hydraulic Engineers plans / stormwater requirements
– Bushfire report if the property is on bushfire prone land.
Need help in the planning stage.
We are able to assist you with the preliminary planning stage, by working with our design and engineering associates. We are able to assist in producing working plans, and all of the associated documents required for a council application or Complying development certificate. Even the actual application submission to council on your behalf. That way we take care of any questions that council may have.